Schiste recognizes the hazards caused by exposure to environmental tobacco smoke and fire hazards. It is our Company’s objective to prevent fire incident and provide a smoke free environment for all our employees and visitors on board our vessels, facilities and in office premises under the Company’s control.
This Policy covers the smoking of any tobacco product and the use of oral tobacco products or spit tobacco. The Policy applies to all personal, contractors, employees and visitors whilst on board our vessels, facilities and in office premises under the Company’s control
To achieve the above objective, the Company shall provide control measures and set of rules as follows:
- Smoking is ONLY ALLOWED in designated areas specific by the Master/ Person In Charge (PIC)
- Non- Designated Areas at our facilities are as follows:
- Offices spaces, Meeting rooms, Cabins, Mess room, Galley, WC, provision stores, Cold/ Freezer rooms, paint stores and machinery spaces.
- Navigational Bridge, Control rooms (At Masters or PIC discretion)
- Upper deck, alleyways and outside the accommodation
- Engine room
I hereby commit all the Company’s resources for the attainment of the Smoking Policy and to
meet the objectives
Managing Director 26/3/2021